DAFTTDOG WEB DESIGN TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR USING OUR WEBSITE:
1. This website promotes Daftdog Web Design (DWD), Proprietor Steven J. Cuthbertson.
2. A wide range of intellectual property rights are used in and relating to this website, including:
a. the trade marks and logos of DWD;
b. the design, text, graphics and other content of the web pages on this website, together with all the web addresses associated with those web pages; and
c. all the software used in relation to this website.
3. DWD is either the owner or the authorised licensee of these intellectual property rights.
About these conditions:
4. If you access or use any part of this website you agree to these conditions. If you do not want to agree to these conditions, do not access or use this website.
5. We may change these conditions at any time without giving you notice. Please check these conditions from time to time for any changes. By continuing to use the website you agree to all the changes we make to these conditions.
Using this website:
7. You cannot use this website:
a. to send spam;
b. to create, check, confirm, update or amend your own or someone else’s databases, records, directories, customer lists, mailing or prospecting lists;
c. using any automated means to monitor or copy the website or its content, or to interfere with or attempt to interfere with how the website works.
8. You use the website at your own risk.
9. You should not rely on the website for advice.
10. As far as the relevant laws allow, we do not guarantee that:
a. there will be no problems with how you use the website; or
b. the computer or server you use to log on to the website is free of viruses or other harmful programs.
Limits to our liability
11. Under no circumstances will DWD, the owner or operator of this website, or any of their group companies, employees, officers or agents, or any other organisation involved in creating, producing, maintaining or distributing the website be liable for any loss of:
b. business or business opportunities;
c. savings you expect to make;
e. use of, or corruption to information; or
12. If we do not keep to these conditions, they will only be liable for losses you have suffered as a direct result. We are not liable to you for any other losses whether such losses are because we have not kept to our obligations or contract, because of something we have done or not done in negligence, due to defamatory statements or liability for a product or otherwise as a result of:
a. using or relying on the website;
b. not being able to use the website;
c. any mistake, fault, failure to do something, missing information, or virus on the website or if it does not work properly because of incidents outside of our control such as (but not limited to) interruptions to communication and networks and circumstances beyond our control;
d. theft, destruction of information or someone getting access to our records, programs or services without our permission;
e. goods, products, services or information received through or advertised on any website which we link to from this website; or
f. any information, data, message or other material which you email, post, upload, reproduce, send, or otherwise distribute or receive using the website.
The whole agreement
13. These conditions make up the whole agreement between you and DWD in how you use the website. If a court decides that a condition is not valid, the rest of the conditions will still apply.
14. The laws of England and Wales apply to your use of the website and these conditions. We control the website from within the United Kingdom. However, you can get access to the website from other places around the world. Although, these places may have different laws from the laws of England and Wales, by using the website you agree that the laws of England and Wales will apply to everything relating to you using the website and you agree to keep to these laws. We have the right to take you to court in the country you live in.
1. The information collected and used:
If you use this website, you are in control of what information is collected, but if you choose not to share your information, you may not be able to access or use some areas of this website.
a. How information is collected – This information may be collected, stored and used when you use this website and when you call Daftdog Web Design (DWD).
b. What information is collected – The information collected and held may include but is not limited to:
information about your computer and about your visits to, and use of, the website (including your IP address, approximate geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views) and any other information you may provide to the provider of this site.
2. How information collected is used:
We track how the website is used – Information may be collected about activity on the website. This information is used to:
a. analyse statistics; and
b. track pages and paths used by visitors to, or users of, the website.
For these purposes, the information on the path you take to get to the website and on some of the pages you visit or use through the website, using cookies will be retained. You cannot be personally identified from the information that is collected on this website. For information about cookies, please read section 5 – Using cookies on this website and how you can reject them.
3. Disclosure of your information:
Your information may be passed to one or more of the following organisations:
a. DWD; DWD’s parent group; and
b. government and enforcement agencies and the police.
Every now and again, requests are received for information from government departments, the police and other enforcement agencies. If this happens, and if there is a proper legal basis for providing your information, it will be provided to the organisation asking for it.
4. How your information is kept secure:
The security of information is taken very seriously. Technology and security policies are in place to protect the information held.
5. Using cookies on the website and how you can reject them:
The second type of cookie used stays on your hard disk for up to five years. This ‘persistent’ cookie helps the number of different people coming to the site be understood, rather than the total number of times the site is used. Without the persistent cookie, if you visited the site once each week for three weeks you would be counted as three separate users. On the website, these cookies are used to manage the adverts shown to visitors and to make sure that each visitor doesn’t see the same advert too often, as well as understand how frequently you use the website and any services provided on the website.
Your personal information is not stored in either type of cookie. Cookies are only used to analyse the effectiveness of the website and to help make the website better for users. If you do not want a website to create a cookie on your computer, most web browsers provide the option to disable them. However, the website may not work properly if you reject the cookies. If you want to know more about how cookies work and how to manage or delete them, visit the World Wide Web Consortium’s website or visit the Interactive Advertising Bureau’s website.